In the unlikely event that you are unhappy with the service from the Viglen Student Portal, Viglen and Software2 will do their utmost to ensure your satisfaction. However, for legal reasons, to protect you as a customer, the following refund policy applies.
Please review this policy carefully as it covers the terms of sale that govern your purchases on the Viglen Student Portal. They set out your rights and obligations with respect to your purchases. Your placement of an order on the Viglen Student Portal constitutes your agreement that this policy applies to your order, so please be sure you understand the detail of this policy before you place any order.
Types of software
- Boxed product – should your order constitute a boxed product (boxed/CD sleeve sealed in cellophane), you can return the software after rejecting the licensing conditions, provided the software packaging is intact. If the packaging has been opened this is a sign that you have accepted the licensing conditions and we would only provide a refund should the software be found to be faulty. This would be within the first 90 days of purchase as per the software vendor’s normal warranty.
- Online Software/Digital Download –the following special terms and conditions apply to any software that is purchased as a download from the Viglen Student Portal and a refund will only be applied:
- If no free demonstration of the software was available at the time of your purchase (products which offer free demonstration versions are NOT refundable). Much of our software is available on a try-before-you-buy basis. There are free trial versions you can download to ensure that you can fully experience it prior to making your purchase. We encourage you, where available, to try the software prior to making your purchase to ensure that it meets your requirements.
- You contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org within 7 days of your purchase.
- You can provide us with identifiable information from your order (including but not limited to, order number and last 4 digits of credit card number used for purchase).
- Refunds are only made to the credit/debit card which was used for your purchase.
- You destroy all copies of software upon refund. Please note that some software reports usage direct to the software publisher. Any failure to destroy software constitutes a breach of licence and the refund conditions.
Reasons for Refund
- If you are unable to validate your student/teacher/parent of student id, we will refund your purchase less 20%. This is because our site clearly states that the software items included therein are for individuals who can prove their eligibility for academic pricing. Please be sure you read the terms relating to eligibility for products on the relevant product pages of our website BEFORE making a purchase.
- If you order a product and change your mind a few days later, we will apply a 20% refund fee. Unfortunately as all financial transactions are carried out via an e-commerce site, Viglen and its partner Software2, are charged accordingly by the e-commerce platform provider and do not receive refunds ourselves. In order for us to maintain the low cost of software to the majority of our customers, we must apply this charge.
- If you have ordered multiple times by mistake, we will apply a 20% refund charge.
Please note we CANNOT provide refunds where:
- You have purchased the software for the wrong platform i.e. Office Mac for a Windows PC.
- Inability to operate the software in your computing environment.
- Inability to apply the licence policy in your computing environment.
- Where you have not notified by email us within 7 days that you have a problem.
- We are unable to refund software once it has been purchased as a download option. This no refund policy is in accordance with paragraphs 3.92 to 3.95 IT consumer contracts made at a distance: Guidance on compliance with the Consumer Protection; and with the Distance Selling Regulations (DSRs) 2000. Further information is available at www.oft.gov.uk. Viglen Ltd and Software2 Ltd as an authorized reseller are required to prevent illegal distribution and/or reproduction of digital download software.
Viglen/Software2 recommends that you use a carrier that offers shipment tracking for all returns and that you either insure your package for safe return to Viglen (at the address below), or declare the full value of the shipment so you’re completely protected if the shipment is lost or damaged in transit.
Please ensure that you only return products AFTER you have contacted Viglen and been advised to do so. The address to return items to is:
Software Licensing Team
VHQ, 7 Handley Page Way
Old Parkbury Lane
Herts AL2 2DQ
Should you choose not to use a method of returning the software where you can track your shipment, you will be responsible for any loss or damage to the product.
Third Party Products – where you believe there is a product defect for any non-Viglen and/or non-Software2 branded products, please email email@example.com within 7 days.Please note that the Viglen Student Portal customer services are manned only during normal business hours (Monday-Thursday 0900-1730 and Friday 0900-1700 Hrs)